Saturday, January 1, 2011

Journals and such

Christmas is over (for now) and I'm finally finished making the journals that I gave away as gifts. I did not take pictures of some of them (sparing you all) but wanted to show a couple of the last ones I made.

This one was made with a 2010 Hello Kitty calendar for a lady at work whose cubicle is completely - and I do mean COMPLETELY - decorated in Hello Kitty things:

Front cover
 Back cover
 Inside liner

The calendar had come with an assortment of stickers so I placed them on various pages throughout the journal. Kind of cheesy, but it looked cute.

This journal I made for my husband's ex-wife. She goes through several "prayer journals" each year so I made her a patriotic one that she can use at any time during the year. I know that Faith made her one for Christmas as well so I looked for something that was different than what Faith had done.


This one I made for a young lady at work who is from India and who had never experienced a "Christmas" before. I wanted it to have a very traditional Christmas look.


The ones I made for my co-workers were all winter-themed, except for one. My original goal was to do a personalized theme for each of them but I ran out of time to search for the "special" papers I would need. Before I realized I couldn't get done what I wanted to do, I made a travel-themed journal for a co-worker who loves to travel. I was really pleased with it and actually hated to give it away.



She really liked it, so that was good.

I'm going to start my Christmas cards for next year earlier and put some for sale on Etsy. That's the plan, anyway.

1 comment:

mickeydee said...

These are so pretty. What a wonderful gift. The Hello Kitty is adorable!