Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hello

I have a friend who needs a little "pick me up" so I made this card today for her. The owl and sentiment are cut from the Stamping cartridge. The owl is 2 inches and Hello is at 1 inch. The tree is cut from Country Life at 5 inches. The tree trunk is actually part of another tree because I didn't think far enough ahead to use the whole tree. I was playing around... Next time, I'll just use the whole tree from Country Life and call it good. What I wanted to do was have a trunk with a limb coming off and use "hello" as leaves and have the owl sitting on the limb. I'm not an artist so that didn't work out.

The owl's eyes are black buttons (they just don't look like it) because I couldn't find my googly eyes. The red buttons at the bottom of the tree are apples. LOL - use your imagination.

I trimmed the side of the tree off after I had it mounted. I wanted it to just look like it was a part of the side of the card.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Bubbles said...

I absoultely love the whole card, the buttons for eyes is definately a great idea and the apples too.. yum. Makes me dream of summer

Silke Ledlow said...

Teresa, you friend is gonna love this super sweet tree card...perfect *pick me up*! She is really lucky to have a caring friend like you :) !!! Thank you so much for joining us at the C4C this week! Hugs ~S~

Gina Lindsay said...

Very nice! I love the button eyes and the ones under the tree too. I am sure this will cheer your friend!