Sunday, May 29, 2011

Soon... I promise...

I am working on my play room this weekend. There is so much to do! Many of the boxes from the move were stashed in there and I've been slowly going through them. My problem is going from 1496 square feet to 973 square feet. I've gone from 2.5 baths and 2 linen closets to 1 bath and 1 linen closet. I've gone from a laundry room to a laundry area. From a pantry to just cabinets. A walk-in closet to a regular reach-in closet. A built-in desk and bookcase (big) to none.

It's a lesson. It's a challenge. It's not really what I'd call "fun." Once again, I'm in this on my own. It's not like anyone could really help me except to say, "you can probably trash this." But, I sure wish I had a couple of extra bookcases to help me out. I am seriously going to reconsider what books I want to keep, but I also had a hutch where I put all my little figurines that my kids have bought me over the years. I don't want to leave them in boxes forever.

So, until I can get a working surface in my room I will just plod along and do the best that I can. Until then, I hope you don't leave me and that you'll stick around for the reveal.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Doesn't it suck when you just don't have as much room as you need/want. When we moved into this place 23yrs ago we felt like we had so much room but now we just don't and having our spare room turned into a storage room is annoying.

I hate having people help me sort through stuff as what I get most is do you really need this can't you just toss it and I end up throwing out stuff I really wanted to keep because I get pressured into getting rid of it.