Sunday, April 3, 2011

New cards for Easter

It's not often that I create a card that just says "wow!" to me, but tonight I have to say that I did just that. I've been wanting to do something a little bit different and decided to try a double-swivel easel card. I found a link on YouTube for one but the voice quality was not good. I found another I watched. It made total sense to me so I decided to give it a go myself.

Here it is in the down position:


And, this is it in the open position:



If I had been thinking, I would have made the "basket" a bit smaller and put it on a solid background. It sort of gets lost on the busy paper but that's OK. I am sure the recipient (yes, this is a gift) will be happy with it.

To make it, start out with an 8 x 8 square, scored down the middle. On one side of the square, score at 4 inches to the middle score line. Cut this line to the middle, so you have a solid 4 x 8 side and two 4 x 4 sections. Fold down from the cut to the middle so you have a triangle. Do this on the other 4 x 4 side as well. Decorate the inside and create a lip for the easel to "stop" when the sections are in the upright positions. Decorate each of the sides and keep in mind that the decorations have to look like they're on there "off" so they are in the correct position when they are stood up.

You can find complete, detailed instructions here. She's a bit slow and the instructions drag a bit, but they're very thorough.

7 comments:

Bubbles said...

I love this idea and that is an amazing card, whoever receives it will love it.

Jeri said...

Wow! This is cool. I've never seen one of this style. Thanks for playing along at CCC and sharing it with us.

Anita said...

Omg!! What an awesome card! Thanks for joining our "Bunny Blog Hop" at Cricut Cardz Challenge! Anita

Doris P. said...

what a cute card...

Dixie said...

What a wonderful card! I've never seen that kind, but it looks amazing.

Melissa said...

Very pretty, you did a great job! Thanks so much for joining CCC.

Kasie Gibson said...

Oh this is great!!!! I can't wait to see more of your work, I am a new follower and will be back frequently! Have a blessed day, and I invite you to visit me too at http://bookooblessings.blogspot.com/