Saturday, November 13, 2010

New Journal and New Card

One of the ladies at work is having a birthday on Monday. I decided to make her a special covered journal...



I decided that it looked too shiny so I opted to add a little bit of distressing ink to the edges. I liked it so well, I added a bit more and a bit more. I think the finished item has just the right amount of "aged" look.  The birthday card slides down into the envelope on the front.



I'm so proud of myself... I used my Cricut today to cut out the mini-birthday card, envelope, and the "laugh often" words. I was just playing around with it and decided to do one of the simple projects on one of the cartridges.

I've been working on a birthday card for twin girls for a couple of weeks. I just didn't quite have how I wanted it to look. I'm happy with it today. The nice thing about designing cards is that once I have a design "down" I can re-create it pretty quickly.



I actually used my Cricut to cut these letters, too. The glare makes it look like there's too much glue or something on it, but they're really just fine. I think it's the lighting and the glare.

No comments: