Friday, June 25, 2010

Graduation card

My niece's son graduated from high school last week and, as usual, I was late getting a card made or bought. I finally sat down tonight and looked to see what supplies I had. Lucky for me, his school colors are silver and blue. I happened to have some beautiful silver paper, a paper with silver mortar boards on it, and some blue paper.

I took a white pre-made cardstock and built the card from there. I used a silver base and added strips of blue with the silver mortar boards mounted on top. Then, I ran a blue ribbon across the bottom. Finally, I affixed the whole thing to the white card. Once I had that put together, I cut out one of the silver mortar boards and mounted it on the blue paper, which I hand cut. I used pop-dots to affix this to the ribbon.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Silver Strands said...

Love it! Simple, elegant, classy!
oxox
Denalee