Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ultimate Crafter's Companion

I ordered this and received it this past week. I've been pouring over the book and watching the videos. I planned on getting a bunch of Christmas cards done (or at least started) yesterday but all I got completed was watching videos and trying to decide which projects I want to tackle.

It's so hard to watch the videos and want to create beautiful things - and know that I don't have the extra money to purchase the beautiful supplies. I don't have the shimmery card stock they used and I don't have a bunch of paint markers, and I don't have a bunch of embellishments that I can use to spice up the cards.

I am going to make a few of the exploding boxes with a stacked red and green card stock. They will be three layers - red, green, and then red - and the lid will be green. I think I'm going to use just small pieces of different embellishments that I already have and stamp with Christmas stamps in places I don't use a 3-D embellishment. The box will then hold some Christmas candy and these will be given to my co-workers. I think that I can spend about $5 on candy and I already have just about everything else I'll need.

The ladies at church are doing a gift exchange. The person whose name I drew loves Starbucks and Abuello's. I'm going to do a "coffee" box for her and the gift inside will be a Starbucks card. In my mind, these are all adorable and really cute. Since I've not made one before I better practice on some white cardstock just to make sure that it comes together.

For cards, I think I'll try to keep it relatively simple this year and just make them look nice. Spectacular will have to wait. I already have some blank cards and envelops so I'll probably decorate those and mail to my out-of-town family. The in-town family and friends will get something with a little more pizazz.

That's the current plan, which could be subject to change if I don't like how things are going.

No comments: