Sunday, November 27, 2011

New Christmas card idea

I am so NOT an artist. I can see things in my head but have never really been able to figure out how to get them out of my head and onto paper. That was before the Cricut machine came along... Thank God there are artists out there who have seen what I want to create and have done the hard part.

I decided I wanted to do a diorama type of card and knew that it would have to be a pretty big card to encompass everything that I wanted to put on it. I started last night and worked for hours - and I do mean HOURS. I didn't go to be until 2:30 AM (Ron is out of town) and got up at 8:45 this morning and hit it again. I'm still not finished but I've been writing down what cartridges I'm using and what sizes I've made my cuts. I've had several failed sizes so writing them down will help me when I make more. I will make more, if only for my own grandkids and a few other kids I know. To sell, this would be a $7.50 card (easily, and probably worth $10 in time and effort).

The outside (not finished yet)...
Can't decide exactly what I want to do here. I may leave this one as is and experiment with adding a night sky for the next one. We'll see...


The inside, also not completed. I plan on adding a table with cookies/milk for Santa, some presents under the tree, and a pet curled up by the fireplace. The card base is made with a 12 x 12 piece of white cardstock, cut in half. Then, each piece was scored at 6 inches. I glued the right side of one to the left side of the other to make a three-panel card. The "wall paper" is done with double-sided cardstock (12 x 12). The middle and right is made of two 6 x 3 pieces and the left side is two 3 x 3 pieces. The chair rail is cream ribbon.


So far, the cartridges I have used are Christmas Cheer and Winter Frolic. Not sure what other cartridges I'll be using to get the cookies/milk, table, and pet.

I still need to add the Christmas sentiment and maybe a few "decorations" on the walls.

I hope you like it.

1 comment:

Bubbles said...

You asked me to let you know if I get a new blog, I couldn't think of a name with bubbles so choose strawberries and buttercups as they are things I loved as a child (daisies didn't quite sound right).

http://strawberriesandbuttercups.blogspot.com